Friday, March 23, 2018

domination


























some days I am the tiger,
some days I am the wolf,
some days I am the sick,
bloated whale, lying helplessly stuck
on the soft white beach
as natives point fingers
and stare mindlessly
into my soul;
I cannot make it without You,
yet the flesh is weak
as the voice speaks gently inside;
“hold on to Me, you shall overcome;”
I ask for nothing,
You provide all I need,
I praise your name
for You alone are worthy;
the day will come
when the works of man
will be seen for what it is,
the high and mighty
will cower in shame,
their hypocritical deeds a
testimony to the evil,
seeking to fulfill
their insatiable greed,
the burning lust for power
over others;
domination
in a dominating world,
where rewards
are never enough,
and death
only a heartbeat away.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sifted

“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith ma...