Thursday, February 22, 2018

Parole


















from the conquering depths
of this cold black cell,
You bring hope and life,
within the endless darkness
of this lonely, empty dungeon
You fill me with your light,
trapped in the endless despair
of this eternal bondage,
You bring freedom and peace;
this prison which has held me
captive all my life,
no longer decides who or what I shall be,
this depraved fortress of iniquity,
filled with suffering and pain,
where so much has been lost,
no longer shackles me in the binding
chains of anger and fear,
the master of the night,
no longer blinds my eyes with illusions of
false hope and instant gratification;
freed from this prison
at a cost beyond compare,
paroled by your sacrifice and love;
praise Your name forever!
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sifted

“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith ma...